Sunday, October 5, 2008

Day 8: ......lazy sunday



I found nature in the city, finally. I made my way to a park, where I could hike around, take in the beautiful sight of the leaves changing, enjoy the crisp smells of fall. These few hours of solitude and self reflection were much needed. The highlight was the very tall gentleman walking around with his headphones on singing at the top of his lungs. To be honest, I would have been doing the same thing, were I not saving my voice to get through the next week of shows.
I found my thoughts drifting back in time to other fall afternoons of note. And revisiting a certain sadness while thinking about events and people long gone from my life. Fall always seems to bring out this sentimentality in me, while still being comfortable and soothing at the same time. I love the balance. That shall be my word of the week. Balance.


1 comment:

  1. Not coincidence that the scales are used as a symbol in this Michaelmas time... balancing the light and the dark....

    ReplyDelete