Thursday, October 9, 2008

Day 12: Writing in Mississippi


I finally started working more on my show, feels really good to get going on that again. Especially since it is being planned for next season! Eek! I find that super exciting and super terrifying all at the same time. I am trying to remember all the stupid interview questions I used to get, so if any of my loyal readers have any questions they remember getting or giving, I would love to hear your experiences. 

After a hour and a half drive across the state line, I am now in Ripley Mississippi for the night. SMALL TOWN USA. Wow. Everyone seems to know everyone, they all want to talk to you, invite you to football games, church, and tell you about the best restaurant in town where everything is under $8 (and they have an ice cream bar).  Exciting thing though, is that Faulkner is buried only a few miles from where I am sitting, so I hope to go see that before I head out. Only two shows tomorrow morning and then onward to the Jack Daniels distillery. The plan is to meet up with another troupe that's touring through Tennessee, and spend the weekend with them, which should be fun. There's an entirely different dynamic with 4 people compared to only 2, and it should be nice to shake it up a bit.

I will be coming back for the weekend of the 24th, just for a couple of days and I would love to see ya'll at Lyle's or somewhere if I could. (Yes, yes, I did just say ya'll. Bite me)


2 comments:

  1. Someone once asked me in a phone interview if I would consider myself self-actualized. I inadvertently blurted, "Are you kidding me? Did you say SELF ACTUALIZED?!" Because DUDE! that's the stupidest question ever! And then I tried to laugh it off and said something about being well rounded and having hobbies.

    I did not interview with them any further, although they called me in. THEY failed the initial interview, not me. :)

    Hee hee
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete