Monday, October 27, 2008

Back on the Road

After a delayed flight in Minneapolis, a delayed flight on Chicago, I finally got back to Memphis sometime after midnight, drove (ok, slept, while steve drove) 90 minutes to our hotel. Very classy, the hot water got stuck on at 2am in the shower.

I had a wonderful weekend, I don't know that I would have stayed sane another month if I had not been able to go home and recharge. Everything I did, and everyone I saw reminded me just how lucky I am to live in this city and be surrounded by such amazing people. Though sad to leave again after just a quick 60 hour whirlwind visit, and flying off with tears streaming down my face, I think that now that I have a solid understanding of this process (touring), and can get even more out of it in this last half of my adventure. 

There are so many things that are rapidly changing in my absence, and to be away while all these transitions must evolve is stressful, but somehow at the some time I am grateful. It seems that I must find my cat a new home. Being alone in my apartment is just making him so unhappy, and I just can not stand the thought of putting him through another month of this, and even when I am back for good, those transitions I have mentioned will sadly not leave me much choice but to give him a better home with people who will be available to give him adoring attention and love. This, among so very many other things that have been brought to my attention over the past week, this more saddening then some of the wonderful revelations that I experienced over the past few days. Believe me, there were PLENTY of those...... one in particular that sticks in my mind. But that's a story for another day. :)

My goal for this week is to figure out how to record a video blog entry, Dr Horrible style......
Wait for it......

1 comment: