Monday, November 17, 2008

Awake.

I awake at 7:15 to the sound of a chainsaw ripping its way through the innocent tree out my window. What kind of hotel hires a man to do that at this ungodly hour? Oh. The Economy Inn in Dresden, TN. Right. This is what you get for $50 a night, even if you do flirt with the little man at the front desk for the AAA discount. Lying in bed for 20 minutes, I ponder if it is worth it to try to roll over and try to sleep through the bloody murder of my leafy friend, or if I should brave the freezing cold world outside my scratchy sheets and lumpy pillows. Eventually I choose the latter, to continue my fight with YouTube over uploading videos, and enjoying some microwavable oatmeal that I stole from the Days Inn two weeks ago when I was lucky enough to enjoy a continental breakfast. As my last week on tour begins, I feel as if there should be some wisdom I have attained and can now share with the bright and shiny world........ I'm sure there is, but all I can do at this point is to gaze longingly out the window at my decapitated friend and wonder just how hard I would have to hit the asshole with the chainsaw to get him to shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment